Merging calls on O2 UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Feb 27, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I was trying to conference 3 calls but the iPhone wouldnt merge the calls allowing me to only swap between the two. I thought conferencing was part of the deal according to steve's keynote

Can anyone else set up a conference call with two other numbers on their iPhone AND merge these calls?. Especially O2 customers please let me know

2. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Works fine for me, I have done it a few times. I assume you are running legit on o2 contract?

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

No its the simplicity tariff but still isn't voice conferencing a norm in all networks?. Surely the iPhone just provides an interface for what's already available or am i mistaken and this is a 'legit' iPhone user only feature?

4. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

in experience, it costs more to make 3 way calling, when i was on another network. Might be worth calling o2 and asking them if they allow 3 way calling on simplicity plans.

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

There's your problem.

FWIW, the new lower iPhone tariffs are almost reasonable.

6. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I know but i want to wait till iPhone 2 before possibly going legit. It'd be pointless to do so now that iPhone is waay down the life-cycle and has a strong possibility of being replaced within a few months

7. memesmith macrumors regular

Just for the record, I MVD only used the feature once, but it worked. I phoned two other people and merged calls. A third person with whom I'd had to leave a message tried to call in but went straight to voicemail, so it maybe you can't have any more than two other people merged. The cost was just the basic minutes as though I'd made two separate calls.

8. PatrickF macrumors 6502

This also doesn't work for me. I'm on an iPhone tariff with O2 and their customer services and iPhone support line were useless.

I've given up trying to make sense out of them for the time being.