Merging Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AaronHeth, Jun 28, 2007.

1. AaronHeth macrumors member

Coming from Verizon, I've never dealt with merging calls or even 3-way on a cell phone before. I'm curious as to how merging calls will work: is there a surcharge? Or if not, will you be using twice as many minutes? For example, in a 3 way call that lasts 10 minutes will it count as 10 minutes for each person you're on the call with?

I haven't been able to find any information about this, although I could be over looking things.

2. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

I think you just get charged for a regular call.

3. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

You will be charged for each call within the conference. So, in your example you will be billed for 20 minutes, not 10.

4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Do you have a link for this fact.?

5. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/choosing-features-services/three-way-calling.jsp

Three-Way Calling

With Three-Way Calling you can add a third person to your current phone conversation. Regular airtime charges, including long distance and roaming (if applicable) are charged for each call.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/choosing-features-services/six-way-calling.jsp

Six-Way Calling

Note: This feature is only available to former customers of AT&T Wireless that have not upgraded to new rate plans. If you currently subscribe to AT&T's wireless services, Three-Way Calling is included with your service.

Six-Way Calling lets you conduct a conference call with up to five additional parties. You can selectively remove parties from the call, place your conference call on hold, and conduct a private conversation with one of the parties.

This feature is available on select GSM plans and incurs airtime or roaming fees, plus applicable long distance charges for each leg of the conference call.

----

Links are fixed

6. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Those links aren't working. You have the ellipses in your URL.

7. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Fixed - sorry I cut and pasted from a post I made last night on the same subject

8. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Ah, thanks for the links.