Merging two "new account" reservations into one family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by notjustgc, Sep 26, 2012.

1. notjustgc macrumors 6502

I just reserved two iPhones at the same store with all the same information for the account holder. Requested to transfer my number on one, my wife's number on the other.

We're under a family plan now on AT&T, but we're switching to VZW for the LTE. Because :apple: wouldn't allow for this arrangement in their reservation/cart system, I now am scheduled to activate two separate 4GB accounts when I pick up these phones.

QUESTION: Has anyone had any success in a situation even remotely similar to mine? I definitely don't want to start paying for two separate 4GB shared plans, and I definitely don't want things to get messed up with the number porting.

Should I just allow the two accounts to be created, wait for the numbers to definitely get ported successfully, and THEN go to VZW to merge the two accounts?

2. notjustgc thread starter macrumors 6502

In case anyone is wondering, this was a ********* disaster, but it did work out in the end. It took over two hours to get the iPhones "activated" at the Apple store, after which point they weren't ported OR activated. Many hours of phone calls later, VZW was pretty awesome at sorting everything out. As of right now, we have two iPhone 5's on a single Verizon share everything plan, both of which are fully activated. Whew.