Merging video pieces

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wowzera, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Hello,
    I've some videos that I trimmed within Quicktime but I would like now to merge them all in one single piece. I've Final Cut Express, but I've no clue how to do that there.

Can anybody help me?
    Thanks.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

This is the prime purpose of Final Cut. You really need to learn to use it as this is exacly what it was designed for. There is no need to trim the video first with QT. Just keep it all in one but folder Final Cut can pull what it needs from the larger untrimmed files

After spending the $$ on Final Cut Express you really should spend the time to learn how to use it. One of the best ways to learn is to watch a few video tutorials. These guys have some good ones. You can either buy the viedo or buy a subscription and then watch as many as you like. There are some free excerts so you can see what the quality is like before you buy.

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/finalcutpro

3. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't want to be pro or anything else. I don't have FC in my computer, but school. I need to make that video, just cut some pieces and merge.

4. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

iMovie? (Actually, you can select, copy and paste between files with just Quicktime Pro, but iMovie is probably more intuitive.)

5. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't iMovie (didn't bought iLife). I've QuickTime Pro, but I would like to add a simple effect between the parts and it does not look to be possible in QTP :(
    Thank you so much for trying ;)