merging vob files in handbrake?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by CrAkD, Mar 1, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

can I do this? When Im converting a movie I just open an entire VIDEO_TS folder and thats fine but when doing tv shows I select the episodes in dvd shrink to get them off the disk then select them in handbrake to convert. however im starting to run into episodes split into 2 vob files is there a way in handbrake to merge 2 vob files into 1 mp4? or do I need another program? Im using windows.

2. LeoFio macrumors regular

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Does merging vob files screw up your subtitles? Cause my files have closed caption tracks so I'm wondering if merging them is gonna screw em up

4. roidy macrumors 6502a

Just rip the whole disk as a VIDEO_TS folder then open it in Handbrake. 99% of TV show DVD's have each episode of the show as a seperate 'Title'.

Capture.JPG

Just select the correct 'Title' for each episode and encode them. No need to mess around merging VOB's.

5. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

your a genius lol. thanks.

6. WG5516 macrumors regular

I'm trying to install D-Vision 3 now but a D-3 Installer window keeps popping up saying that I need to check admissions and that I'm not an administrator on my laptop. I'm the only person that uses my laptop and it's only 1 account.