Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hd__

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
Austria
Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce that we've recently released our first macOS app called Mergity. :)

Due to the fact that Preview or some other third party apps may have issues (crashes, hangs or no information what's happening) with large PDFs, we've decided to create our own merger.

As privacy is important to us, we don't collect any data from our users and don't communicate with any server. This means, that your complete data is processed on your device, keeping your files secure.

Functionalities​

Below are some of the major functionalities we think are worth pointing out. As we're still working on other features, please feel free to add your thoughts as well!

Drag-and-Drop Support​

DragAndDrop_900.png

To make the app as easy and quick to use as possible, we support drag-and-drop. Just select your desired PDFs, drop them into the app, rearrange the file order if needed and merge them together.

Duplicate Detection​

DuplicateDetection_900.png

Let's assume, you're downloading some PDFs and these PDFs don't have descriptive names. To make it easy for you to see if you have already added a PDF, the app notifies you about possible duplicates where you then can decide what to do. We're already thinking about including page based duplicate detection, so if you think that it will be useful to you, please leave a comment below.

Multiple Window Support​

MultipleWindows_900.png

Sometimes it may happen that you have to merge several PDFs into distinctive PDFs. Assuming that you already merge one PDF, but it takes some time due to its file size and page amount, you can directly start with another PDF merge by opening another window. This means, you can run several merges in parallel.

Dark Mode​

DarkLightMode_900.png

Although Dark Mode is already pretty established, we thought it is useful to know that we support Dark Mode as well :)

Thank you​

If you have any questions, feedback or ideas how we can improve our app, please feel free to do so by leaving a comment below.

mergity-png.2217080

Mergity on the App Store

Thanks to everyone so far and we hope that you like Mergity as much as we do :)

Attachments

• mergity.png
    mergity.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 175

hd__

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
Austria
Your app "Requires macOS 13.0 or later."
"Combine files into a PDF on Mac" is available in macOS 10.14 and later.
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/combine-files-into-a-pdf-mchl21ac2368/10.14/mac/10.14
Thanks a lot for pointing that out! Our app is completely written in SwiftUI, thus it is currently set to macOS 13. However, we are already working on supporting older macOS versions (11 and 12). Although SwiftUI can be used with macOS 10.15 or later, it lacks a lot of components/methods that have been added over the last SwiftUI releases. We will evaluate and consider that though.

Just out of curiosity, what macOS version are you using?

hd__

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
Austria
Thanks for the threads. I've put in some hours yesterday to support macOS 12 and now I can happily announce that it is already available in the App Store :).

Let me know if you have any other improvement suggestions or ideas, always appreciate that.

Does anyone have data available about the macOS version usage? I've found one from Statista (https://www.statista.com/statistics/944559/worldwide-macos-version-market-share/), but there's the common issue that all devices above macOS 10.15 are still shown as macOS 10.15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.