Mess around in iPhoto library to fix 'alias' issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theanimala, Nov 12, 2009.

1. theanimala macrumors 6502

Quite some time ago I told iTunes to put my library on a network drive. I figured it would be better to share amoung multiple machines. Well, not long after I decided to move it back to my iMac's internal drive and just use the network drive as another backup (in addition to my time machine drive).

I've noticed that I have a few events that I cannot open the picture unless I have the network drive on. Going into the library for certain events (Originals) I see it is a 4KB alias, pointing to my network drive. I have the checkbox clicked telling iPhoto to manage my library, so I don't know why it has most of the files locally but others still stored on the network drive.

Can I just copy the file from the network drive to the iphoto library to overwrite the alias files? I know that mucking around in the library is a bad thing, but I really want to clean this up and I and can't seem to do it. I figured worst case I can recover from my time machine backup, but I would prefer to do it right if possible...

2. theanimala thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to bump, but really hoping someone knows a solution...