Message alerts being received on Apple Watch and iPhone.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jamie.shaw, Jun 4, 2015.

1. jamie.shaw macrumors newbie

jamie.shaw

For the past few days, I seem to be having an issue with receiving alerts for Messages on both my Apple Watch and iPhone, instead of my iPhone 'ignoring' them by passing them off to the Watch.

I was running a test to see the boundaries of Apple Watch's Wi-Fi capabilities; and it seems in doing so have severed some connection between the two. I placed my iPhone in Airplane Mode but left my Apple Watch out of it; send myself a message and it came through fine to the Watch.

However, when reconnecting the two. Whenever I receive a message; the iPhone will alert me first, followed by the Apple Watch.
    All other notifications are passed off to the Watch fine, with the exception of Mail which will only seem to announce the notification after I have glanced the Watch.

It can be fixed by unpairing and repairing, which I did yesterday, but it has seemingly fallen back into the same issue.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? I can't recall it happening under Watch OS 1.0, only 1.0.1.

Regards,
    Jamie

2. jamie.shaw thread starter macrumors newbie

jamie.shaw