Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
After a couple days I get a bunch of messages on my watch. Swipe to the left and I get the trash icon to delete each one. Touch delete than I have to wait to get another button to really delete it. Is there a way to turn off the second one as its a pain when doing a bunch. I liked my Pebble on this where I had the option of deleting all of them at once.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I think it's more of the slow as **** animation rather then the second button being a problem. Also I don't like how I swipe it away then it comes back. IMO once I swipe it away I should never see it come back.

I think the best solution for this problem is just delete all the messages that get deleted from my iPhone. I am always deleting my messages because I like short list. I pretty much only want people on my message list that I talked to within a few hours. Any older then that just makes the list longer then I care to have. But ive pretty much gave up on that day 1 of owning the watch. At how long it takes to delete one message thread it's a major chore to go through and delete everything. Those messages will probably be remaining on my watch until one of two things happen
1) Apple makes it quick and easy/ sync deleted from my phone.
2) I give the watch to somebody else.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Force touch brings up a "clear all" option. Might be what you're after?
Where are you seeing the clear all force touch? I'm not seeing it. I looked in the message thread and on the message thread list.

EDIT: Thinking it over your probably referring to the clear all notification button. I think OP was talking about deleting actual message threads rather then the notifications. :)

Reactions: eagleglen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.