Message/Email Notifications during Workouts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mcaswell, Sep 24, 2015.

1. mcaswell macrumors member

It seems like during a workout, I do not receive notifications for messages and emails. Presumably this is intentional, as most people probably don't want to be bothered during a workout. But for me it is troublesome... if I'm on a bike ride I would prefer to receive notifications. Is there any way to accomplish this (besides just not activating a workout)?

2. aarontsuru macrumors regular

aarontsuru

wait... is THAT why I'm not seeing the messages on my rides & runs? I assumed the vibe wasn't strong enough..

3. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

I get notices while running. But I don't feel them all the time. But it is annoying when I try to view my pace just after a notification. The watch will keep showing the notification unless it is dismissed for a lenth of time I have not been able to figure out.

4. mcaswell thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I'm not sure what to think at this point... went for a ride this afternoon, and I DID receive an email notification, but I only noticed it because I was going kinda slow at that point (so not much wind noise) and I heard the notification sound. I did not feel the wrist tap, but I can't say for certain whether that's because it didn't occur or if I just didn't feel it (perhaps masked by road vibrations).

5. aarontsuru macrumors regular

aarontsuru

honestly, with the extra vibe, I still rarely feel it on bike rides. The Pebble was all BZZZZZZ but the Apple Watch is bzzz-bz-bz.