Message Failed to Send - Group Message

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by fenderbass146, Dec 2, 2015.

1. fenderbass146, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I have a group chat with two of my buddies. It works fine when I am actually in the messages app, however when I try to use a quick reply while in another app or on the lock screen it immedialtly says the message failed to send and when I go into the message app it doesn't even show what I typed. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I actually noticed my quick replys that are suppose to go to the group chat are in there own chat by themselves with no recipient selected.

Edit 2:.... I seemed to have fixed it, but its a crap fix. I had to basically leave that chat and create a new one. Loosing all of our content in that chat unforunately.

2. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I've had this issue on and off since iOS 9. I've stopped filing bug reports because I have four current ones with them.

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I hate to say it and im sure ill get flak, but Apple trurly has lost there edge on quality control. I believe it's Old apple all over again. Spreading there focus across to many tech frontiers.

I honestly think I would regret it shortly after purchase but the Surface devices are looking more tempting all the time....(I work in a Windows IT environment for a living)

4. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I agree. With expection to purchasing a Windows device. Hahaha

5. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I don't want to either lol but working as a systems admin in a Windows school district it would be somewhat more convenient then virtual machines and boot camp

6. trikotret macrumors member

My group messages takes long to send. You can see the sending bar just sending. This only happens when sending group mms and works faster on iMessage