Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone else getting this issue with the latest software upgrade? I am heavy on messaging and 5 out of 10 messages are failing to send. I have had the iphone 6 since it came out and wasn't having this issue until to most recent update. As I attempt to send a message I get a quick response message that states " Message failed to send". I have tried the basics's: resetting the phone, all background apps etc but still get it. I just tried doing a network reset so I guess we will see.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
I rarely get that notice. What is your cellular or wifi signal strength like when that happens?

Strength is always good. The weird part is its not a normal failed message where the message comes up with a red exclamation mark and I can quick resend. The message total disappears and I have to retype the entire message. That's what really annoys me.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Strength is always good. The weird part is its not a normal failed message where the message comes up with a red exclamation mark and I can quick resend. The message total disappears and I have to retype the entire message. That's what really annoys me.

Yeah, there's something worse at work there. Have you tried doing a restore, to start fresh again?

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
Anyone else getting this issue with the latest software upgrade? I am heavy on messaging and 5 out of 10 messages are failing to send. I have had the iphone 6 since it came out and wasn't having this issue until to most recent update. As I attempt to send a message I get a quick response message that states " Message failed to send". I have tried the basics's: resetting the phone, all background apps etc but still get it. I just tried doing a network reset so I guess we will see.

In fact, now someone has posted this, I'm getting lots of pictures failing to send. Using iMessage, every picture needs sending at least two or three times. Started since the 8.1.2 upgrade as well.

Huh... the more you know.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Since the restore no more issues. I have easily sent over 100 text/iMessages and not one has failed which puts me at ease again. I never been a fan of restoring but in this case it clearly did the trick. Good luck guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.