Message (Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by minus.toes, Mar 2, 2015.

1. minus.toes macrumors member

I notice when I open Messages, and type a contact's name, it shows the email and phone options of which to choice from for sending. If I choose an email address, it highlights green and good to go. But if I choose the phone number instead, highlights red and says that the number isn't registered. But I know they are registered.

If I type a phone number (without any name), it will send, but curious why this is happening. Or what I can do to correct it. Not sure why it would show, for example 2 email addresses and 1 phone number under the person's name, but 1-2 seconds after displaying, the phone number option disappears and only shows the email addresses.

2. jack1011 macrumors member

I've had some problems with Messages, but not this particular one. I have a couple suggestions, but to be honest I'm really just guessing.

Make sure that your software is up to date. For example, if you updated your computer software but not your iOS software, that can cause problems.

On your phone, make sure that Text Message Forwarding is enabled in the Messages settings.

On both your computer and and your phone, make sure your phone number is the default options to send and receive texts.

Make sure that in your iCloud settings, your Contacts are selected.

On both your phone and your computer, try selecting all available phone numbers and email addresses as being able to send and receive texts (with your phone number being the default). Log out of Messages on both devices, then log back in to both.