Message notification displaying incorrect account, displays "voicemail"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sambob75, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Sambob75 macrumors newbie

Message notification displaying incorrect account, displays "voicemail" instead of the address book name, phone call displays correct name. Thanks guys.

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I've never personally experienced this but could it be that you're not signed in to Visual Voicemail? What happens when you try to listen to the voicemail? Are you prompted for your voicemail password?

3. Sambob75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure what visual voicemail is but if I press the voicemail button after pressing the phone button that takes me to the telco voicemail service.

4. Sambob75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I think you misunderstood me, the notification is not from voicemail, it is from a person in my address book but the notification name is "voicemail" and not the correct address book name.

When this person rings me, it displays the correct address book name it is just the notification name which is incorrect.

Hope this makes sense, I deleted an address book account called voicemail to try and fix the problem, this account was my telco voicemail account.

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Hmm...I see. To be honest (and I mean no disrespect), this doesn't make sense to me. I'm not familiar with what a "notification name" is, as opposed to an address book name. Can you post a screenshot?

6. Sambob75 thread starter macrumors newbie

No offence taken, thanks for your help, I will take a screen shot and post what I have tried so far later on today.

7. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Okay, thanks. Once I see the screenshot, I'll see if it's something I can help with (or maybe others will be able to help once they see it).

8. Sambob75 thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG][/IMG]

----------

Ok, so see how the notification is labeled voicemail, this is incorrect it should be labeled from a name in my contact book, when I click the notification it will take me to the correct contact but the message notification is labeled voicemail. When this person rings me the correct contact appears it is just the message notification which is incorrect.

I have tried deleting and recreating the contact, factory reseting, deleting all contacts and factory reseting, and creating a voicemail contact, nothing seems to work :-(

9. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Thanks for the screenshot. I've never seen that before but I did a little research and it appears that this is a "feature" offered by Telstra (scroll down to "Voice2Text" for more info). I think this explains what you're experiencing however, without knowing the details of your plan, I can't say for sure.

I also found this thread that could prove useful.

Hope those links help!