Message notification question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Crwmlw, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Crwmlw macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Morning all, I picked up a pre owned Apple Watch 42mm yesterday and so far im loving it. All i received was the watch and charger so Im unfamiliar with the watch itself. I noticed that not all my message notifications get received on the watch? Scenario: I send a imessage from my phone then place it in my pocket, a little while later i receive a message back and it shows an alert on phone but not the watch? Do the notifications only show up if someone sends me a message out of the blue rather than me initiating it on the phone if that makes sense? Not sure how these work. Thanks

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

The phone has to be asleep for the watch to receive it. So, if you test with an iMessage, you would have to send and then quickly put the phone to sleep.

Next, the default notification for email is "Mirror my iPhone." And most people have their email notification on their phones to VIP. So, change your email notification to "Custom" on the watch, and then select Show Alerts for all of your individual email accounts in the Watch app.

3. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Awesome. Thanks so much for the reply, I will give that a try. I TRULY appreciate it