Message notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by alexthegreat80, May 8, 2015.

1. alexthegreat80 macrumors newbie

I'm on the train home from NYC. On my iPhone 6 and I'm Reading the forums and laughing at all the crazy posts here.

I get a notification of a txt message on my watch- the two seconds later my phone gives me the same notification.

Usually if I'm on my iPhone I get notification and the watch does nothing or if I'm not on my phone the watch gives me the notification.

Could it be that it was a txt message not an iMessage.? There is no wifi on the train.

Any one seen this or have any thoughts?

2. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

You receive the notification on the device being used. So if your using your iPhone at the time, the notification will show on the iPhone, if your not using your phone or another device, the notification will go to the watch.

3. alexthegreat80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I wasn't clear in my explanation-

While on my phone- I got notification on my watch of a txt message. A few seconds later- 5 at most- my phone showed me the notification.

4. flur macrumors 68000

It's possible the texts/imessages are being handled on the watch the same way as they are with other devices. I've noticed that if I'm using my ipad and I get a text/imessage on it, if I don't acknowledge it in some way, it pings my phone. Maybe the watch is doing the same?

5. Unconsoled macrumors regular

Having similar issues but sporadically. The other day the phone was off and locked. Phone call came in and it rang on the phone, iPad and watch. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen. I have done restarts on them all. Doesn't happen all the time but earlier a text came through on the watch. I responded and then when I went to use the phone the notification was on the phone lock screen but it didn't make a noise. Sometimes it does though.

6. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

thats the opposite, my watch gets the notifications 5ish seconds after my phone

7. flur macrumors 68000

Phone calls do go to everything at once. That's by design.