Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
I seem to not be getting my messages/texts notified on my watch, but... when I go to the app on the watch, they come through fine. Did I miss a setting?

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
I seem to not be getting my messages/texts notified on my watch, but... when I go to the app on the watch, they come through fine. Did I miss a setting?

mine are coming thru fine and i don't think i changed anything with that. if your using your phone or another device when it comes in and you read it. it won't ding the watch

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
This happened to me and i had to contact apple support.

To be honest, it eventually started to work but theres something that isn't particularly obvious (though its clearly stated in the settings...)

You will NOT get a notification on the watch if you phone is unlocked or in use. Its not the same as a text arriving and notifying on the iPhone, iPad, and iMac at the same time - on the watch it does not.

So, be sure that your iPhone is not in use and locked - then when a text arrives it should notify on the watch.

When you think about it it makes sense and saves battery this way. I do think its causing a bit of confusion though.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
If you have your iPhone on and unlocked, messages ill not come through to the Watch.

jahlinux

Contributor
Jul 18, 2008
You only get notifications on your watch if your iPhone is locked. I would like to get notifications always on my iPhone regardless of wether its unlocked or not. Does anyone know if that is possible now that I paired it with my Apple Watch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.