Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Message recived on Mac, notification still goes on apple watch

d112

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2015
Bydgoszcz Poland
Hello, I wanne ask if anyone has sam problem. While I'm working on my mac, I recived message and iMessage, why I still getting notificaion on my watch if I already see this message on mac. When I use iPhone and get the message there are no watch notification ? Anyone can help ? Another question is apple going to update apple watch to get support for apple music ?

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
Same here. I assume the watch and phone work together in terms of notifications, but the watch and other devices don't.

Comment

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
When you are using the phone, it is by design that you don't get notifications on the Watch.

Comment

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hello, I wanne ask if anyone has sam problem. While I'm working on my mac, I recived message and iMessage, why I still getting notificaion on my watch if I already see this message on mac. When I use iPhone and get the message there are no watch notification ? Anyone can help ? Another question is apple going to update apple watch to get support for apple music ?

When your iPhone is locked (screen off) all messages go to the watch (unless you are not wearing it). This only works with your phone and watch. Message received on an iPad or Mac do not stop the watch from displaying it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.