"Message send failure" a couple of times a day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Holmes31, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Holmes31 macrumors member

I'll send a text message and automatically it'll say message send failure, even though I have full service. I'll send messages to 2 different people at the same time and one will send and the other won't. then I resend and it goes right through right away. anyone else have this problem? I have the 4S and AT&T.

2. AllieCat0817 macrumors newbie

I have the same prob sending pix via MMS to one person only, with a VZW Blackberry

3. Holmes31 thread starter macrumors member

no one else is getting this? it happens so frequently, it can't just be me

4. CloudStrife956 macrumors newbie

I'm getting it too.

Seems to happen when I'm sending a message and get one at the same time, and also when I'm sending a message and exit out of the messages application/open up the multitasking bar. I am running iOS 5 on the iPhone 4S.

5. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Sporadic

I was having this same problem yesterday evening (10/26, about 8pm Pacific). If it was just text, the iMessage sent just fine. But if I attached a picture, the sending progress bar would go about half-way, stall, then eventually give me "Message send failure".

My wife (also on a 4s, and both of us at home on same wifi) was able to send just fine (text and/or pictures), but if she sent a picture to ME, it never arrived on my phone and she got "Message send failure".

Started to think something was wrong with my phone. Tried signing out/in of iMessage, no difference. Tried a "reset network settings" and rebooted, didn't help.

So then I picked up my old 3GS ("no service", but iMessage still working via wifi). Tried it and experienced the exact same problem. Short text iMessages went out fine, but trying to send a picture stalled and eventually failed.

So I just waited... Then tried about an hour later. Everything worked perfectly.

My conclusion: Apple's iMessage servers, or at least the one servicing my account, was having some kind of temporary issue that was later fixed. I have also seen some intermittent iCloud email failures (like iCloud saying my account/password was bad when getting mail), so I am thinking Apple just has some "growing pains" with the new data centers and all the new iCloud/iMessage users. Hopefully it will get sorted and become more reliable over the next few weeks.

6. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I get this error when I receive a text at te same time I'm sending one. I just hit retry and it works with no issues.

Sprint 4S

7. mom333 macrumors regular

Yes, I have experienced this also.

(4S on AT&T)