Message time stamps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Anybody knows what interval does iOS have between stamping messages with dates and time? Is it fixed or random?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

not sure if your jailbroken you can download biteSMS which is an alternative to the native SMS app and it has time stamps on every message

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

yup, bitesms is the best 8 bucks you'll ever spend.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

or 0 bucks if you can live with a small advertisment bar at the bottom of the screen

5. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I've got BiteSMS, but that's pretty much the only feature I require from it, I don't want have a whole app just for a little timestamp.

Anyways, I've been testing and it's around 15 minutes between each stamp.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The apple timestamp is pretty random.
    Sometimes it does and others it won't.
    Like others said BiteSMS is great.
    Once you use it and all it's features you'll love it and won't go back to the stock messaging.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

agreed ive only had it for less then a day and im blown away at how awesome it is, i always had the attitude that there was nothing wrong with the native sms app, but the quick reply and quick compose are 2 features alone that make this app far superior then the native app

couldnt stand when i got a sms while doing something else ie safari or game and by replying it would kick me out of the other app

im still on the 14 day trial but from what i read i can continue to use for free if i dont mind seeing the ads at the bottom, is this true or does the paid version do mroe then just remove the ads?

8. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

They are the exact same aside from an ad at the bottom of the screen

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

really, so those ads most be very inoying or people are more or less buy the paid version the same as if we would send a donation for a free one to thank the developer for making it

10. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

honestly, the ad isn't that intrusive at all, but I'm just OCD like that in that if I'm going to use it as my default sms app (and I actually have hid the default icon using sbsettings) then i want an ad free experience on an app that i use 100+ times a day.

11. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thanks for the info

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Pretty much.
    The package is well worth it and the money keeps the developer improving and adding features.
    A must have JB app IMO.

14. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

got ya, kinda like iFile works free but buying it shows the develper some support for future tweaks and apps

still cant get over how much i love biteSMS and why it toook me so long to try it

15. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I honestly don't even recall how intrusive the ads were. All I know is that I love the app and that I have no problem paying $9 for something that I use so much on a daily basis. I can see someone not paying if they don't have the money or whatever but you are correct in that it's just like making a donation to the developer. These guys wouldn't have any incentive to improve the app if nobody paid for it so pay if you can. If not, I see no reason not to use ad-supported version if the ads don't bother you. Heck, they offer that option for a reason and it's not like you're stealing the app. I just prefer to not see ads on my phone.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Me too:D