"Message Viewer" Option in Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoelMarcey, Jul 4, 2009.

1. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Hi,

I am a bit confused about something.

In Apple Mail, under Window/Message Viewer, what exactly does selecting Message Viewer do? I have selected it multiple times and have not seen anything different.

I can bring up the Preview Pane by double clicking on the dot at the bottom of the Mail pane and collapse it by doing the same -- but I don't know if that is related to the Message Viewer.

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Message Viewer is the standard viewing window that has the list of your mail and then the preview pane if you have that open.

3. calic macrumors newbie

Mail freaks out!

I have a related-ish question

I just bought a new macbook pro (yay) and it came with lion installed. The guy at the store helped me set up my computer but then I transferred everything from my old macbook over at home. He set up my mail under the new admin, which I later deleted because it didn't have any of my actual files. Everything seemed fine. Then mail freaked out. I can send messages, but I cannot view them. The viewer window doesn't show up. When I go to file and click "new viewer window" nothing happens (best case) or mail goes into spinning ball of death mode and I have to force quit.

Also, I bought the new computer the day before moving to Berlin, where the nearest mac store is 120 km away in Dresden. Any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I downloaded thunderbird for the time being, but I don't like it as much.