Message when trying to download dashboard widget: "MobileMe is closed"

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by shannonbrooke, Jul 2, 2012.

1. shannonbrooke macrumors member

Ok, this is a little odd, and I'm not sure where the appropriate place to post this is. I'm planning a trip to Europe and I never cared much about dashboard widgets, but I thought a unit converter widget might be useful to have since when I am online reading about Europe and planning my trip, I am always having to go to Google to convert things anyway (Fahrenheit to Celsius, miles to km, USD to Euro/British Pound, etc) Anyway, when I try to download a dashboard widget from Apple's website or any other website for that matter, it takes me to a page that tells me MobileMe is closed, which I know...I just don't see what that has to do with dashboard widgets and why I can't download them. Some widgets will download, just not the ones I want! Does anyone know what the issue with this is? Thanks!

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Just a wild guess, but I suspect that a lot of widget developers hosted their downloads on their mobileme-based websites...