Messages app bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by djr7572, May 25, 2016.

1. djr7572 macrumors regular

iPhone 6S
    iOS 9.3.2

Is anyone else having this issue with Messages? It's really annoying and doesn't seem to go away. If you quit the app and re-launch it, the problem disappears - but only briefly and then it's back again. Re-booting isn't doing anything, either.

Is it a known bug?

image.png

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Does not happen here on my 6s or Air 2. It has not happened on any iOS version for me.

Have you tried a hard reboot?

3. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, and didn't help. I really don't want to do a factory reset if I don't have to.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You can try a reset all settings, but I don't think that will change anything. It appears something has gone corrupt. You could try a factory reset and restore from iCloud backup. iCloud will keep only the necessary files that pertain to your device, unlike iTunes which keeps absolutely everything (if encrypted). The probability of the bug being carried over from iCloud backup is lower than from an iTunes backup.

If that doesn't work, a fresh install as new might be in order.

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

6. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

7. ashindnile macrumors 6502

Try deleting one of those threads. Preferably the longest.. Maybe it's something to do with deleting attachments after a period of time..

8. zz_nosa_r macrumors member

zz_nosa_r

Happened to me before when I tried to restore only the "messages" part from an itunes backup using iBackup software. It will not go away until you do a fresh install or do restore with a clean backup (itunes or icloud).