Messages.app Exclusive Contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jclardy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

So I have a strange issue. I'm not sure when it started, but basically if I add a contact in Messages.app (by recieving a text and saving the number) it will only show up in Messages. In contacts, dialer or mail it does not exist.

I have tried turning iCloud contacts off and on again, but nothing.

I just tested, and I they show up in autocomplete when I create a new message, but if I hit the plus button to pick from the contact list they are not there.

I'm guessing I'm going to just have to re-add them through contacts...but that is a bit of an annoying solution.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. jclardy thread starter macrumors 68040

jclardy

Ok so a little update. When looking at the "missing" contacts the window title says "Unknown" rather than "Info" which is says for my normal contacts.

I also added a contact with the same name through Mail, and now I can see the contact in contacts...but the phone number only shows up in the "Linked Cards" section at the bottom.

So I download a contacts cleaner app and was able to merge them. But I have to choose the correct profile, if I choose the one in messages I won't be able to find the contact again (Except through messages), if I choose to merge with the one I just created then it works.

I pretty much solved it, but the issue still exists.