Messages app issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by daveoc, Aug 13, 2012.

1. daveoc macrumors newbie

Hey, just wondering how is everyone else finding the messages app? I've got an iPhone with iMessage too and I find that messages on ML is a little buggy. It flashes up with every new imessage sent/received individually every time I turn on my MBA (which has Power Nap enabled) even if I have have read them on my phone. Also I find that if read an iMessage in messages it still appears as unread on my phone.

I know its only a new feature to Mac, but is this the same experience for everyone else?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Only issue I've had was unable to send or receive texts from my wife. But a simple Sing Out, quit Messages, relaunch Messages, and Sign In fixed it the issue.

I can see this problem getting ironed out when iOS 6 launches when they merge your iPhone phone number and Apple ID.

3. CaliLove310 macrumors newbie

Right now I'm having an issue with it. I haven't been able to send nor receive pics with a friend that uses an iPhone. It works fine using my iPad. It also lists the person as "offline under the contact's # in the messages app but I can send and receive messages just fine. Sending and receiving pics is the only issue.

4. nefa macrumors member

I just came here to complain about the same thing... when I come home and turn on my MBA I get all the iMessages I already read on my phone. It's a bit annoying...

Also I would REALLY like to use my phone number and not my email address, but I hope that will be fixed with iOS 6.