messages are deleting themselves!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stephanie123, Jun 5, 2012.

1. stephanie123 macrumors newbie

i have an iphone 4 and for one of my contacts whenever i send a message or receive a message, a message or a few from the very top of the message thread deletes itself, ive tried backing up my phone and restoring it but it wont work

HELP!!!

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

It's normal, and the only thing you can do to prevent it is delete other texts. Since iOS 5 there is a lower limit on total text messages stored.
    (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.)

3. stephanie123 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have barely any texts in my inbox and it is only happening for this one person, for some other contacts i have over 2 years of messaging and for this contact i only have about a week :/

4. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I have seen this happen to me randomly. Maybe not in the same way though?

For example i got a text message from my fiance, had maybe 1 second to look at it after i unlocked my phone and it just went away. I had to ask her to send it again so i could read what it said.

it has however only happened with her, and its usually just for one text, i don't ever get huge spans of time deleted.

5. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Yeah this happens to us all. IMessage bug.

6. stephanie123 thread starter macrumors newbie

i backed up my phone and restored it, it is still deleting messages! and only for this one person :/