Messages are no longer showing up in iMessage app.

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by sordan, Sep 2, 2012.

1. sordan macrumors member

A few weeks ago everything was working fine, when I got an iMessage text, the notification would pop up on my Mac as well and I was able to see my messages. Now for the past two weeks or so I haven't gotten anything. I have even had people text me (on iMessage) in front of my computer to see if there would be a notification. I am not getting anything, I have turned the settings on then off in both my Mac and Phone and I have still had no luck. I am able to text people from the Messages app on my Mac but their replies only go to my phone. Any ideas?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Most likely they are sending to your phone number and not your email. I have this happen all the time and it is aggravating seeing only parts of the conversation on my Mac (and iPad). Seems like Russian Roulette whether it goes to my phone number or my email account. This will be corrected in 10.8.2 and iOS6 release (hopefully if just a few days). One way to test is if you have an iPad. If they are going to your iPad but NOT your Mac then it is something else.