Messages between iPhone and watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DJTaurus, Sep 9, 2015.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

When you delete a message on iPhone it doesn't get deleted on the watch and vise versa. Any solution ?

2. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I don't think you can, it does this across all platforms I believe i.e delete a message from your iPad but it will still show on your MBP.

3. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I asked because watch in a way works as a iphone companion or maybe it cannot "fully function" without it.... for example apps have the option to "mirror on iphone"....

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Yeah I see were your coming from, it could be a bug for now or just like how it is now with other platforms.

The same happens with voicemails I have which I now cant delete of both AW and IP

5. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I'd prefer the way it is now, so I have a backup in case I accidentally delete a text on one device.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I'm running iOS 9 Beta 5 and WatchOS Beta 5. My watch and phone match. I have my phone set to clear messages as they reach 30 days old. As they clear, my watch updates and clears as well.

7. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

On my old 16 GB iPhone 5 iMessage was a major culprit of using up what little storage I had. Shared photo streams were another culprit. Now that I have a 64 GB iPhone 6 my storage woes on the phone are no more, and I don't have to regularly delete photos and videos from iMessage (although I should save and delete as I get them). But will the watch storage also fill up as photos appear on the watch from iMessage and Photostream? At least they are likely low resolution thumbnails, so maybe that won't be a problem.

Sean