messages bug?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mathewbhavnani, Apr 29, 2015.

1. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

If I send a text from my phone to a friend as a reply or something, sometimes it won't show up on my watch....its not a delay or anything, it just won't show up

Example: friend says "what's up?" And I'll reply from my phone "nothing much"

On my watch I won't be able to see the reply I sent sometimes so when I look at my messages, the conversation with that same friend will only show the last message in that conversation as "what's up?" And won't actually show my reply

Anybody else experiencing this?

2. ginsengbomb macrumors member

I never know whether or not it is helpful to say that I am not experiencing the same thing but I will say it anyway:

I have not experienced this. I just checked and my watch has all the same text notifications that my iPhone does, including replies sent from watch as well as phone, and all inbound msgs including annoying Google 2FA messages :).

3. jags828 macrumors member

My messages are screwed up now. It's starting to create new conversations when I text from my iPhone. Some of my text sent from my watch aren't even being received.

4. JonBigTelly macrumors newbie

My messages seem to randomly show up on the watch or the phone. Will see it on the watch reply from phone then the next message shows on phone only. Bizarre

5. Mafteah macrumors newbie

Mafteah

Same here

For one contact I see only his number and not his name.
    Other contact is invisible and when I send message to him I see it on other contacts window.

6. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've seen this problem too. Messages not showing up on the watch when sent from an iOS device. Not a big deal to me, but annoying.

7. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

I think I understand now

Messages only sync when they're both together in range

Like if you sent a message from your phone, and your watch isn't in range....your message won't appear on the watch