iPhone 6(S)(+) Messages causing poor battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emembee, Mar 26, 2018.

1. emembee macrumors regular

emembee

HI, I have had my 6S for 16 months from new and on latest 11.2.6. Recently the battery seems to be much worse, especially when using messages. It went down from 62% this morning to 29% in about 3 hours and all I did was one long phone call but about 20+ texts.

I know I could maybe get the Battery swapped but my last run of coconut battery showed health of 96% with 158 load cycles.

I am considering an upgrade but would I still get the same issue if I went for a 7 or 8, and therefore should I get the plus which has a bigger battery? Is there a website that compares the batteries properly and is not too partisan?!

Many thanks for ideas etc.

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

I think that's a software/hardware issue. Go in to get your battery checked anyway. Or do so over the apple service app. Chances are if you upgrade you more than likely won't experience this issue. If you do then you know it's a software issue.

3. emembee thread starter macrumors regular

emembee

Health showing as 95%, 1623 mAH capacity. If I upgrade to the 7, I will get one or 2hours improvement perhaps. Undecided if it is worth it, but the plus models are I think too big for me (but not sure).

4. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

Have you looked in the settings menu to see whats using all your battery? Seems like a good place to start...

5. emembee thread starter macrumors regular

emembee

Yes, Messages and Phone mostly. Will continue to monitor, maybe 11.3 when it comes out will help.