Messages deleted on iPhone still on watch?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Just curious but I thought messages were perfectly synced with the watch including when you delete them. But for me, if I delete a message on my phone, it still shows on the watch. Now I have a bunch of old messages I have to delete one by one on the watch that were gone for days on the phone. Is this supposed to happen or are they supposed to be deleting also?

Reactions: habeeb25

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Hopefully this will be addressed in the next Watch OS. Unfortunately for now, we have to delete each message on each device, it's is not mirrored.
At least we should have an option on the watch to delete all text messages at once, maybe the same way like we can clear all notifications at once, using force touch.

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Sorry to interrupt, but how does one delete these messages on the AW?

I do not see that option, even with a force touch.
Swipe left on the message on the watch.

Also, as above, Messages is designed that way. I have multiple devices (Air, iPad, iPhone, iMac) and none of them sync when deleting. I'm OK with that, and wouldn't want it the opposite.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Well, all the other devices (Mac, phone, pad) are not "paired".

I was wondering if something was wrong when I deleted a mail on the watch and it was still sitting on the phone. It should be changed or there should be at least an option for the behavior.