Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Nermal, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi everyone,

I installed 10.12 today and now have a couple of issues with Messages.
    • If I send a message containing an emoji, it appears at approximately five times the correct size. I'm not sure whether that's by design (but I can't find a setting for it) or whether it's a bug.
    • If I send a link to a YouTube video, it puts the video thumbnail in the message. As thumbnails are often designed to draw your attention I'm sure that you can imagine how distracting this is, so I'm not sure why someone thought it was a good idea to do this in the first place. I also can't figure out how to stop this from occurring.
    I know that Apple likes to hide these sort of things behind arcane Terminal commands; can someone enlighten me on how to get it behaving like 10.11 did?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It is by design, and I prefer those behaviors so haven't looked into disabling them. It matches the behavior in iOS 10.

3. KALLT macrumors 601

I like the previews, but could really do without the huge Emojis. The previews are also frequently buggy for me. Alas, no way to disable this.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

not ideal, perhaps, but try typing something (even a period, for example), then add an emoji; that should scale it down...

5. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Ugh. I even tried running the 10.11 version but it crashes immediately. It's so jarring that I might end up going back to Adium (I presume it still exists!)