Messages (iMessage) issue with one contact

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TRICKorDEVICE, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018

TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

There is one contact that I have an issue with:

Issue: when I send her a message from my personal phone, it starts as a blue bubble, then goes green and is never received. She can message me just fine and hers stay blue to me. I can message her just fine from my work phone - stays messages both incoming and outgoing.

I've tried logging out and back in on messages and deleting our conversation and starting a new one...nothing has worked.

Every other contact I have works fine. Android people are green and it works, iPhone people are blue and it works.

The oddest thing is that I get her messages, but mine do not go through to her.

This is really odd and I have never had anything like this happen before.

Ideas?

2. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I bet she does not have her phone number listed as a way she can receive iMessages. When you text her number, it sends over SMS. When she contacts you, she is probably starting a new conversation from an email address associated with her iCloud account.

The solution is simple: She just needs to go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that her number is included there.

In the meantime, try sending a text message to her email address. As long as it's the one she uses for iCloud it should stay blue.

3. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Found the solution!!!

She inadvertently had my personal phone number blocked, but my work cell number wasn't!!!

Wow that was driving me nuts!

Thanks for trying to help!

I got the idea for the solution from here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8249147

4. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

Good sleuthing! Thanks for sharing the solution.