Messages in the Cloud

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bgro, May 29, 2018.

1. bgro macrumors 65816

Does the new watch Os support messages in the cloud? I download both iOS 11.4 in my iPhone and the latest OS for my watch and my messages aren’t syncing..can’t find answer anywhere

2. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Message in iCloud is only for iOS and macOS. For Apple Watch, its not applicable. Basically, the messages etc are mirrored from iPhone to the Watch which doesn’t actively sync them if you ever delete a message from either, it wouldn’t delete it from the other device. It’s been an issue for a long time.

3. bgro thread starter macrumors 65816

That’s what I figured since there was no reference to the feature in the Watch OS write ups. Pretty glaring omission imo

4. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

Well that is disappointing to hear. The only reason I was excited about messages in the cloud is because of the watch being a nightmare to delete messages from.

5. asu1996 macrumors member

Couldn’t agree more on this. It’s just ridiculous that my phone is paired with the watch yet when I delete a message on my phone, I have to manually (and it’s 2 steps btw) delete that same message from my watch. Talk about overkill ughhh

6. Der Keyser macrumors regular

Der Keyser

Just goes to show no apple C-suite member is using their Apple watch for much other than showing it off. It would never have been allowed to work like this 5 years ago when Apple cared just a little bit about user experience

7. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

turning off message in the cloud on my phone. only reason to turn it on was I thought it would sync with my watch. c'mon apple, at lease sync it over bluetooth.