Messages issues - can't solve it

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fins831, Nov 5, 2014.

1. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Currently have an iPhone 6, iPad 3, and iMac 2012. The sync on the messages is working, but only halfway...seems off right? Here's why

If I send a text message on my phone and get a reply, its fine, however, the sync on iMac or iPad is 50 percent there. I don't see what I typed in the text, only what the person responded. What I type seems to be linked to the 1 device I type it on, its only syncing replies, not the complete conversation.

Happens like this on all 3 devices, iMac, iPad and iPhone. So if i text at work on iphone, I come home, I see a wall of replies wth no context of the conversation because everything I typed is missing, only see what people replied on the iMac or the iPad. I only see the full conversation on the device that I typed the outgoing texts on.

Tried resetting network settings, logging out of icloud and imessage on all 3 devices, and just nothing, same result?

Any ideas? or should i call Apple?

2. Mr Hildy macrumors newbie

Mr Hildy

Go to Settings-->Messages-->Send & Receive on your iPhone and iPad and make sure that your phone number and whatever email addresses you use for iMessage are included in the Send & Receive list. Do the same check on your iMac. Sometimes if you don't have all of the addresses that you use for iMessage listed on all of your devices, the syncing between those devices can get messy.

I hope that helps. Good luck!