Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
I know from time to time message fail but normally it's shown with the red exclamation point. I have noticed a few times when sending message the iMessage appears to have gone through (no exclamation point) or sign that it failed. When I see the person and ask if they received they said they did not. I tried restarting the phone a few times but still from time to time this happens. Anyone else ?

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I've been getting super slow progress bar when sending even regular text. It doesn't go through and the bar just creeps very slowly. Not sure if it's the se probem.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
I haven't taken notice of the sending bar but there have been days that pass between sending and seeing the person and they tell me they never received the message.

Meathead1

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
I've been getting super slow progress bar when sending even regular text. It doesn't go through and the bar just creeps very slowly. Not sure if it's the se probem.

I have seen many text problems with 8.0 and up. Many iMessages will stall on the last 5% of the status bar.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Yeah I've been having problems sending iMessages in these past few days as well, from locations that I normally don't have a problem sending from.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I have seen many text problems with 8.0 and up. Many iMessages will stall on the last 5% of the status bar.

It's definitely iOS 8 problem, since I sent the same message on Yosemite while being stuck. Went through right away. Web browsing while trying to send message on iOS also has no problem.

john500y2k

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2013
Been having a similar problem. Had been sending iMessages which said they were delivered to a particular friend and when we finally met up I asked if he had actually got them.

He said no nothing for quite some time. Pulled out his phone and mine and compared the two and of course mine showed several messages as delivered but on his there was nothing. We tested it live and it was the same problem of being reported as delivered on my phone and on his getting nothing.

The workaround I found was that just after sending message I could press and hold the message then select send as text message quickly. . In the end we looked at his message settings and discovered iMessages was toggled off. This explained why forcing the text worked.

However I am very sure iMessages used to be good at knowing when a message didn't get through and would switch to sending a text message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.