Messages not identical on iPhone, iPad and Mac

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by desertman, Sep 5, 2014.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

Should not all incoming and outgoing messages be synchronized between iPhone, iPad and Mac? On my devices some are and some not. I wrote today some messages from my iPhone that are now also on my iPad but not on my Mac. And I received today two messages that are only on my iPhone.

Some messages are on all devices, most are on iPhone and iPad, less than most are also on the Mac.

Is that normal? Can I do something about it?

Greetings - desertman

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

All iMessages should be synced between all devices. You should check that you have everything set up properly: your phone number should be the default on all devices. On your iPhone you'll need to click "use my Apple ID for iMessage"

Just remember that only iMessages will be synced to all devices. Regular SMS text messages will only go to your phone. If you need more help just post back.

3. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I run iMessage on my iPhone and iPad and they've never been in sync in that if i delete from my iPhone they are still on my iPad until i delete the conversation from there as well. Never seen it as an issue mind you.

4. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

5. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did not think of that! Thanks for reminding me.

Did not know that. Thanks for letting me know.