messages on apple watch =/= message on iphone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chombiekay, Jun 19, 2018.

1. chombiekay macrumors member

hi! just received the watch. i understand that when i get a message, i'll get notification (mirrored) on both my PHONE and WATCH.

when i delete a message off my phone though, it does not delete it off the watch and vice versa.

is there a way to make it reflect it 100%?

often i delete messages off my phone, now i look at my watch and all those messages are there too and i have to delete them twice.

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Messages will not delete from your watch if you delete them from your phone and vice versa. Cloud based messaging will now remove messages from any device linked to the cloud if you delete from any other connected device but the watch is the exception to that. Its a pain but hopefully Apple will correct that one day.

3. chombiekay thread starter macrumors member

thanks i agree!

4. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

Question, so I just got the watch as well, and noticed it didn't sync any of my iMessages (which are stored in the iCloud now) from prior to getting the watch. Does the same logic of removing message apply to syncing older messages onto the watch?

5. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Same logic -- only new messages will be on the watch.

6. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

Awesome, at least now I know I didn't have something wrong in the settings. Thank you!