Messages on Macbook Pro/iPad/iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bettyj97439, May 30, 2017.

1. bettyj97439 macrumors newbie

bettyj97439

I'm new so I apologize if this has been asked....I really did search but couldn't find anything.

When I use Messages on any of these devices they show up on all which I expect, but when I delete them I expect them to delete across all...they don't. Is there something I need to do to make this happen? Also how does one do a mass delete? I've tried to "select all" but nothing happens. Again, is there something I need to do?

Thank you. B

2. Half Rick macrumors member

The simple answer is that it doesn't sync deletion of messages, unfortunately. It is definitely a function that I miss, since I have four devices and having to clear all of them when purging the inbox is a little bit annoying.

Regarding mass delete, do you mean in a message thread? Removing the entire thread is what I usually do, I do not know if it is possible to mass delete threads though.

I hope this helped :)

3. bettyj97439 thread starter macrumors newbie

bettyj97439

Thank you very much. Yes it is a bit annoying; I did mean mass deletion of threads but it only works on the phone or pad not on the Mac and still have to purge from each device. Oh well, maybe the software gurus will have pity and figure it out for us. Again, thank you for your response.