Messages Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Giants99, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Giants99 macrumors newbie

Hello all. New member here. I have an iPhone 4s (upgrading after January). Last night it turned off and back on, and the icon was displaying I had two new texts. To my surprise it was two old texts from october, one was a picture message in which I deleted the whole message thread a while back. Any explanations? It also has all updated texts from the one message thread but then the latest message says october, and the one above is November?

Attached Files:

2. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

It's just a bug. I know someone who had the same problem. This person hadn't turned off and turned on their phone the last half year, and when I did, boom: old unreceived text messages were finally received. This was on iOS 7.1.2, and I updated it to 8.1.2, hoping any bugs relating to this particular issue were fixed by getting the latest update.

What iOS version did you have when this happened?

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I imagine its Sinilar to the big where you will have an alert badge that is unclear able. It took a restore from backup once for me to see the two messages from weeks ago that I could then delete. If you're able to clear them just be happy it didn't take a full restore to do it lol.