Messages..question.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by RWil85, Sep 10, 2015.

1. RWil85 macrumors 6502

Might be a stupid thought..but, anyway..

When I open Messages and look at my string of texts..

I hate the fact that there is no icon and/or quick way of know who was last to post in your conversation with someone.

The only way to know is to read the preview of the message and remember who said it - or to actually open the message and see if you responded to someone.

These last two are not what I'm looking to do though - I'd just like some kind of indicator that, at a quick glance, the messages that need a response stick out.

In the same vein - is there anyway to mark a text/iMessage unread? (Would help if I had an especially important text that warranted attention later but still not a fix-all)

Just random thoughts I've been having.

If someone could chime in with either something I've missed, a fix or something to get this to happen - let me know!

2. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Short of some jailbreak tweak that might offer something like that, it doesn't seem like any of those items exist for Apple's iOS Messages app (and no real indication that they might be coming at some point).

4. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502

We. As a people. Need to stand up and make it happen. lol

Seriously, though - lame as hell that functionality isn't there.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Quite a few things aren't there. Each OS has its own design and possibilities.