Messages sending to wrong address

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by boulette, Jun 28, 2015.

1. boulette macrumors newbie

I have a group thread going on with my family with iMessaging. Something really annoying happens when I try to respond from Messages on my MBP -- when sending from my phone, the addressees are my family's phone numbers. But when I access that same thread from my MBP, my mother is listed as her email address. So, when I send a message from my computer, it ends up in a new thread for everyone in the group.

When I go to Messages on my computer and look at a one-on-one conversation with my mom, it is listing her phone. There is just no way for me to change the addressee in the group thread so that group conversations are sent to her iMessage phone, rather than her iMessage email.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this perfectly. When I send from the computer it still ends up on everyone's phone, just in a new thread. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

2. boulette thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump... For the people who saw this and did not answer, is it because I did not word my question clearly or because you just didn't know what to do? Thank you...