Messages/Texts won't open without jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by memo90061, Aug 28, 2016.

1. memo90061 macrumors 6502

I've been having so many problems with this jailbreak. I have to re-jailbreak every week even though I choose the 1 year certificate. I've been doing what the tutorials say, and I still have the same problem. It doesn't bother me as much since it's just once a week.

Now, at random times the jailbreak goes away and I have to rejailbreak. The thing is that when it's not jailbroken I can't open the messages app. It just closes. I closed the app, and reopened it. It didn't work. I rejailbroke the phone, and the now the Messages app works fine.

What do you suggest I should do? I thought the problem was caused by a certain person, and I deleted all the messages. When the jailbreak stopped working again I was able to open the Messages app, but as soon as I opened a conversation the app closed. The only apps/tweaks I have are Fake Location, Phantom for Snapchat, and whatever else was needed to have those.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Install the Chinese version of the pangu app using ifunbox and the 1 year certificate will stay valid

I'm not sure about the messages app crashing when not in jailbreak mode

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Start removing your hacks one by one to figure out what one is conflicting with the stock messaging app crashing.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

He says it crashes when in non-jailbroken mode. So it can't be a tweak since cydia substrate isn't loaded

Ironically, it's that cydia substrate is what allows the messaging app to work

This reminds me of a similar problem I had with remote messages in iOS 9.0.2. I was one of the few people where remote messages would crash every time I send or receive a media attachment

I can view it on the device. However, when booting up in no substrate mode (hold volume up), the messages app would crash when viewing conversations with media attachments. Somehow, cydia substrate was allowing me to view those media attachments on the messages without crashing

However, a bit different since I could still view conversations without crashing if there was no media attachments

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Saw this years ago on my iPhone 4. The only fix was deleting all my texts.