Messages unstable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpizza, Oct 2, 2012.

1. bigpizza macrumors newbie

Hey people, just wanted you to know of an incident that I was involved with.

I've downloaded the "keyboard" called Emoji and I decided to spam my friend with lots and lots of smilies. After keeping at copying and pasting for 3 minutes, creating a huge message, I was satisfied. I hit the send button AND the app froze... Pushed home button, and I tried to enter Messages again. It wouldn't load. Not even a reboot of the phone would allow me in.

Fortunately I could restore to an iCloud backup. But I didn't think it was possible to cripple a phone that easily. To top it off, this was all played out on an iPhone 5.

So if you want to spam someone, be aware of the risks and see to that you always have a backup!

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

My mind is just blown...i'm not sure if this is real or not but if it is, then maybe stop sending annoying messages to people?

3. KandyKane macrumors 6502

Not sure about your issue but you don't need to download keyboard Emojis anymore, they come with iOS now, you just have to turn it on in Settings->keyboards->keyboards->add new keyboard->emoji

4. jester0723 macrumors regular

This. The app could have caused that (?)

I know I've gotten emoji-filled messages (annoying as anything) and as far as I know my friend didnt have to restore her phone.

5. bigpizza thread starter macrumors newbie

Talked with my friend yesterday. Guess what? His messages app crashed the same way as mine when I sent the message. Both of our phones were crippled on both ends. He was using an iPhone 4 with iOS 5. This is very embarrassing.

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Glad you are not a friend:rolleyes: