Messages with Do Not Disturb turned on

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bgrace, Jan 6, 2017.

1. bgrace macrumors regular

Both my iPhone and Apple Watch are in DND mode overnight. When I look at my iPhone in the morning, I see a few new iMessage messages. Those same messages do not show up in Messages on my Apple Watch. Does Apple Watch not receive new messages in the background while DND is enabled?

2. Aceroller macrumors member

Yes, they just go to the phone when in DND mode.

3. bgrace thread starter macrumors regular

So the messages are *not* supposed to go to the Apple Watch in the background like they do on the iPhone and iPad when DND is enabled on those devices?

4. Aceroller macrumors member

5. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

Before wOS3 when you had DND enabled all the notifications and such came to your watch and the red dot appeared to notify you about it, but of course there was no alert of any sort. For some reason they changed this in wOS3 so that if you have DND enabled, you have no idea if you have or have not received messages or so.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I mean technically the messages are going to your watch, you just aren't getting the notification in the Notification Center. But they are updating in your iMessage app. Are you wearing your watch during this time? If you are not wearing the watch then that is also a reason why you are not getting the notifications on the watch.

7. Aceroller macrumors member

It would be nice if it collected notifications while in DND mode like before wOS3. Why would they remove that I wonder? Say you take a nap or something and you wake up and look at your Watch, there is nothing, you have to go to your phone and check. Seems like a no-brainer to keep the functionality.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

This still works for me. I still get the red dot and notifications in Notification Center. I put my watch in DND when in class and at the movies, but I do get the red dot. I don't get the red dot if I am not wearing the watch while its in DND. Then it only goes directly to my phone.

9. Aceroller macrumors member

Hmmmmmm....... not on mine. I'm like the OP. When in DND mode notifications only collect on the phone. I do have mine set to trigger DND on both the Watch and the phone, and I activate from the Watch. A few of my friends also do not get notifications on Watch when in DND me de after wOS3.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Very interesting. I wonder if its a bug that affecting some users, or I have the bug and its working as it use to. I know for a fact its working like this for me because I went to the movies 4 days ago and had 10+ notifications on my watch when I was finished.

11. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

Which Watch you all have? I have the original.

12. Aceroller macrumors member

Series 1.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Original Sport.