Messages Won't Let me Uninstall It

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Telp, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I downloaded Messes beta, but now I'm unable to uninstall it. I can't delete the application and it won't let me uninstall because it says I'm not connected to the internet. Anyone know how I can reinstall iChat?

Telp

2. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

From within the beta itself go to the "Messages" menu and select the option "Uninstall Messages Beta", this will guide you through the process to uninstall Messages and reinstall iChat.

3. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

It will not let me uninstall. When I select "Uninstall Message Beta," it tells me I'm not connected to the internet, even though I clearly am...

4. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Well I connected to a different network and is now working. Thanks for all your brilliant suggestions.

5. 96kiloblips macrumors newbie

I tried a few different things I saw on both MacRumors and the Apple Support Forums. I had the same problem. I tried three different wifi networks, I tried changing my DNS to Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8) and still no luck. Finally, I signed into my VPN which makes me appear as though my traffic is generated in Seattle (I live in South Korea) and BOOM, it worked immediately. Hope this helps.