Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Will messages on the watch eventually clean themselves out? I deleted messages on my phone but they are still on my watch. The space being used by messages on my watch is already approaching 50MB. not much yet...

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Will messages on the watch eventually clean themselves out? I deleted messages on my phone but they are still on my watch. The space being used by messages on my watch is already approaching 50MB. not much yet...

It seems like they are actually separate and not synced. When I first got my Watch, it did not have any messages. Every new text I received from then on was pushed to both my iPhone and Watch. Then when I deleted messages on my Watch, they still remained on my phone.

Seems like a good feature, actually. I never delete my texts - I have everything from multiple phones back (I think since iOS 5). I wouldn't want that all on my watch, but I also wouldn't want to delete entire threads from my phone just because I didn't want them on my watch.

So I think it's perfect this way :D

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
I wouldn't want them to be synced either in that way for similar reasons but will they automatically clean themselves off the watch kinda like first in first out or is it a new place I need to maintain messages?

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I wouldn't want them to be synced either in that way for similar reasons but will they automatically clean themselves off the watch kinda like first in first out or is it a new place I need to maintain messages?

Good question. I don't know, but I'm guessing it mimics the iPhone messages setting (since I can't find a separate setting for the watch).

I'd like to know what the real answer is!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.