Messed IP4 Up When Jailbreaking it on 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cameron08, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Cameron08 macrumors member

I jailbroke mine and started to install the stuff in Cydia then I noticed I had to reboot a time and it just sent into safe mode everytime. So I went into cydia and started to uninstall things I thought was causing it. So I got it out of safe mode but now my iphone won't boot up. It's just stuck on the apple logo...any ideas?

2. krugerjl macrumors newbie

That shouldnt be a problem...

Just put it in DFU mode, and restore the firmware again.....

3. krugerjl macrumors newbie

4. Cameron08 thread starter macrumors member

5. krugerjl macrumors newbie

Heheh cool, DFU mode always work!

6. vastoholic, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

DFU mode is not working for me. I've had this problem before the last update to 4.1 as well. I forgot the specific error code I had before, but now I'm getting 1013. I can't seem to update officially through apple, but if I download the IPSW from somewhere else, it updates no problem. I'm on an iPhone 4 (purchased in the apple store, so no it's not a fake). I jailbroke right after getting it since 4.0. Now it seems I can never update through iTunes.

**EDIT** never mind. found the solution.

7. Cameron08 thread starter macrumors member

If you can't figure it out let me know. I had the 1013 and I fixed it..and I got around the apple logo by putting the phone in recovery mode then restoring. I'm just going to wait until an untethered version comes out then i'll re jailbreak.

Good luck!