messed leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zeiter, Mar 7, 2010.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hi there,

I used monolingual to delete some languages...I dunno what I did, but I kept English. Now that I want to use Leopard in French (my mother tongue), I installed the language from the installation disk, and changed it in "international" under system preferences. But the menu on the apple logo about this mac etc... is still in English and I don't understand why.

Is there a way to fix it or do I have to do a fresh install of Leopard. Also, I was wondering if I could do a fresh install of Leopard system files without having to format the hard drive and save all my data??

Thank you :)

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yes, select Archive and Install.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not have an external hard drive to save the thing though :S how does it work exactly?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

About Archive and Install

Available in Mac OS X 10.2 and later, an Archive and Install installation automatically moves existing system files to a folder named Previous System, then installs Mac OS X again. (See tip 3.) You cannot start up your computer using a Previous System folder, nor can you "re-bless" the Previous System folder. (See tip 1.)

You can choose to preserve your user and network settings before installing. This option automatically moves existing users, Home directories, and network settings. This also skips the Setup Assistant after installation.

from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1710
    via http://www.google.de/search?client=...oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=7SyVS5SmMIud_AbX7JWADQ

6. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

yes!! i just realized that I do not need to re-install leopard...all I want it the apple menu to be in French...it's kinda weird it sticks in english...is there a way I could fix this?