messed something up, menu bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by forkspoon, Jan 23, 2010.

1. forkspoon macrumors member

ok so today i was trying to change the look of my menubar icons. the ones i found, they came with an installer, so i just installed them. my laptop told me to log out, so i did. when i logged back in, my computer no longer worked. no programs will open, they bounce and crash. and the menu bar is bascially gone, except for a few shadows. i've tried to repair the disks using command s and everytime i do, it tells me my computer is fine, when it clearly isn't.

the last time i backed up with time machine was probably a month and a half ago. :/ is there is any possible way to fix this problem without time machine or reinstalling the whole operating system? :(

i am so screwed, please, please help.

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

3. McGilli macrumors 6502

What did you install?

IS it an actual program that is well known?

Did it say it is compatible with 10.6?

Let us know what it is and maybe someone here has experience with it....

4. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

5. forkspoon thread starter macrumors member

^ i think they were. :eek: except i installed them from deviantart. i called the apple help line for instructions and everything is back to normal now. i probably should have read the directions before i downloaded them. :rolleyes: that was incredibly, amazingly stupid of me.

6. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Yeah, they're Leopard-only.

I'm using them myself, actually. :)

7. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

That site linked above has a backup installer. I would download that and run it and see it if returns things to normal. :)